Sunday 29 July 2012

Review: Covergirl And Olay Simply Ageless Foundation

So I got this product around 7 months ago and have tried using it several times, the product is not technically bad but I found many flaws with the product when it came to my own personal experience. The idea of the product is awesome and although I don't have ageing skin I figured I would give it a try!  I bought two different shades #205 ivory and #215 natural ivory. It comes in 12 shades and has a cream consistency.

Product Name: Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation 
Price: $15.99-$20 CAD 
Initial Impression: very creamy, easy to blend initially, interesting pattern, handy packaging 
Pro's: good quality packaging, medium/heavy coverage, light scent
Con's: way too dark, oxidises, goes into lines, not for oily skin, hard to blend   
          Overall Impression: Originally when I got this product I got it in the darker shade #215 natural ivory and it was ridiculously dark so the next day I went ahead and got the lightest shade they have and it was once again too dark. I didn't return them though because I thought I could possibly find a new use for them. The main problem I had with this product is that is went on my skin maybe a shade or two too dark which I could blend out and deal with but then after it dried and was worn for a little while it oxidized on my skin and turned an orange colour which made me look like a cheezy! It was awful, and it was a lot of work to blend out! When you put it on your finger it was so creamy and beautiful but the minute you put it on your face it turned into the devil foundation! It has medium to heavy coverage but had a very heavy look about it which I didn't like because on those I just want to wear a little makeup days it just looked unnatural. Overall I wouldn't suggest this for any young and oily faces because it just doesn't work! Also if you are fair skinned I don't suggest getting it either and if you are darker skinned go for a lighter shade maybe one to three shades lighter! I decided to wait and use this now in the summer being darker, overall it isn't as bad but I only use it as a under eye concealer although it goes into lines, I don't have a ton of lines under my eyes so it personally works for me, as well as a eye shadow primer on my lid as it has a fairly good staying power.
Rating (out of 10): 4

No comments:

Post a Comment